Privacy and Cookies policy
WHO IS COLLECTING THE DATA?
Here at SNK Publishing Ltd (Trading as Red Apple Advertising) we take your privacy and protecting the data we hold about you seriously.
SNK Publishing Ltd’s registered address is 114-115 Tottenham Court Rd, London W1T 5AH. Our company registration number in the UK is 05439179.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU?
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- The information you give us. You may give us information about yourself by completing forms on our websites or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise.
- This includes information you voluntarily provide us with when you register to use our site, participate in customer reviews or other social media functions, when you take part in a survey or when you report a problem with our site.
- The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number.
WHAT IS THE LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING THE DATA?
There are a number of reasons we may process your personal data:
- We may collect and process your data with your consent, for example if you subscribe to a newsletter we produce and send out.
- We may require your personal data in order to engage in business with you, or fulfil a contractual obligation.
- We may process your data if the law requires us to (eg in relation to fraudulent or criminal activity).
- We may use your data in order to pursue our legitimate interests in a way which might reasonably be expected as part of running our business (eg to contact you about our products and services)
WILL THE DATA BE SHARED WITH ANY THIRD PARTIES?
SNK Publishing Ltd will not share your information for marketing purposes with companies outside of the SNK Publishing Ltd group.
If you engage in business with us and make use of our services, we may send some of your details to and also use information from credit reference agencies and fraud prevention agencies.
HOW WILL THE INFORMATION BE USED?
We collect information about you in order to:
- Respond to you when you have contacted us.
- To carry out any obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, providing you with the services and information you request from us, and to manage your account with us.
- If you agree, to email you about other products and services we think may be of interest to you.
- Personalise your repeat visits to our website.
- Comply with our contractual or legal obligations to share data with law enforcement. For example, when a court order is submitted to share data with law enforcement agencies or a court of law.
HOW LONG WILL THE DATA BE STORED FOR?
We will retain any data you submit for 24 months.
HOW DO WE PROTECT THE DATA?
We treat all data we process with care, and take all necessary steps required in order to protect it. We secure access to our websites and applications using SSL encryption.
WHAT RIGHTS DOES THE DATA SUBJECT HAVE?
You have the right to:
- Ask for a copy of any of your personal Data held by SNK Publishing Ltd (where such Data is held) at any time.
- Request we correct any personal data of yours which is incorrect, out of data or incomplete.
- Request that we stop using your data to contact you for marketing purposes.
- Request that we stop processing any data which you have already given us consent to process.
For any of the above reasons, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at SNK Publishing Ltd 114-115 Tottenham Court Rd, London W1T 5AH. We will respond to your request within one month. If for any reason we choose not to action your request we will explain to you the reasons for our refusal.
You can also stop us from contacting you by clicking the “Unsubscribe” link in any email communications you receive from us, or by replying to any direct emails you receive from us and requesting that you are no longer contacted.
HOW CAN THE DATA SUBJECT RAISE A COMPLAINT?
If for any reason you believe that your data has not been handled correctly or protected adequately, if your are unhappy with our responses to your requests regarding the use of your personal data, you may raise a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office at ico.org.uk/concerns.
NOTIFICATION OF CHANGES
- About cookies
- A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server.
- Cookies may be either "persistent" cookies or "session" cookies: a persistent cookie will be stored by a web browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date, unless deleted by the user before the expiry date; a session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed.
- Cookies do not typically contain any information that personally identifies a user, but personal information that we store about you may be linked to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
- Cookies can be used by web servers to identity and track users as they navigate different pages on a website and identify users returning to a website.
- Our cookies
- We use both session and persistent cookies on our website.
- The names of the cookies that we use on our website, and the purposes for which they are used, are set out below:
These are all used to help us recognise your computer and administer our website.
- (a) CraftSessionId
- (b) CRAFT_CSRF_TOKEN
- Analytics cookies
- We use Google Analytics to analyse the use of our website.
- Our analytics service provider generates statistical and other information about website use by means of cookies.
- The analytics cookies used by our website have the following names: APISID, HSID, PREF, _utma, _utmb, _utmz, _utmc, _ga, __utmt and SID.
- The information generated relating to our website is used to create reports about the use of our website.
- Third party cookies
- Our website also uses third party cookies.
- Details of third party cookies used by our website are set out below:
- pid, metrics_token – these cookies are from the Twitter widget on home page and help us track clicks and other activity for analytics purposes.
- NID – From Google Maps, specifically the embedded map on our contact us page.
- __cfduid – is used to identify individual clients behind a shared IP address and apply security settings on a per-client basis.
- Blocking cookies
- Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies; for example:
- in Internet Explorer (version 10) you can block cookies using the cookie handling override settings available by clicking "Tools", "Internet Options", "Privacy" and then "Advanced";
- in Firefox (version 24) you can block all cookies by clicking "Tools", "Options", "Privacy", selecting "Use custom settings for history" from the drop-down menu, and unticking "Accept cookies from sites"; and
- in Chrome (version 29), you can block all cookies by accessing the "Customise and control" menu, and clicking "Settings", "Show advanced settings" and "Content settings", and then selecting "Block sites from setting any data" under the "Cookies" heading.
- Blocking all cookies will have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites.
- If you block cookies, you may not be able to use all the features on our website.
- Deleting cookies
- You can delete cookies already stored on your computer; for example:
- in Internet Explorer (version 10), you must manually delete cookie files (you can find instructions for doing so at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/278835);
- in Firefox (version 24), you can delete cookies by clicking "Tools", "Options" and "Privacy", then selecting "Use custom settings for history", clicking "Show Cookies", and then clicking "Remove All Cookies"; and
- in Chrome (version 29), you can delete all cookies by accessing the "Customise and control" menu, and clicking "Settings", "Show advanced settings" and "Clear browsing data", and then selecting "Delete cookies and other site and plug-in data" before clicking "Clear browsing data".
- Deleting cookies will have a negative impact on the usability of many websites.
- Our details
- This website is owned and operated by SNK Publishing Ltd.
- We are registered in England and Wales under registration number 7241540, and our registered office is at SNK Publishing Ltd, 114-115 Tottenham Court Road, London, W1T 5AH
- Our principal place of business is at SNK Publishing Ltd, 114-115 Tottenham Court Road, London, W1T 5AH.
- You can contact us by writing to the business address given above.